(as of May 15, 2011)
- Users are not required to create an account, but can in order to gain access to restricted image collections where access to these collections will need to be obtained. We collect the minimum amount of personally identifiable information (PII) about you that we can in order to identify you as the owner of the account (e.g. your name).
- Any PII you provide is fully protected.
- Non-PII information related to your visit to our websites may be automatically collected and temporarily stored.
Types of Information Collected
When you browse through any website,
information about your visit can be collected. We automatically collect and
temporarily store the following information about your visit:
- the name of the domain you use to access the Internet (for example, aol.com, if you are using an American Online account, or stanford.edu, if you are connecting from Stanford University’s domain);
- the date and time of your visit;
- the pages you visited; and
- the address of the website you came from when you came to visit.
We use Google Analytics to collect and aggregate this information to create reports and analyses, which are used to help us make our site more useful to visitors. These data and reports are only available to web managers and other designated staff who require this information to perform their duties. UAMS retains the data from Google Analytics as long as needed to support NCI’s mission. There is no PII included in this data.
Session and Persistent Cookies
When visiting websites, a small text file called a “cookie” may be placed on your computer. This allows UAMS to collect non-PII data while you are navigating through the website. UAMS uses two types of cookies on its websites:
- Session cookies are temporary text files that expire when you leave our websites. When cookies expire, they are automatically deleted from your computer.
- Persistent cookies are multi-session cookies that are stored on your computer and expire 2 years after your last visit to our websites. After 2 years, they are automatically deleted from your computer. We use persistent cookies to collect non-PII data about users who frequently visit our websites and to test variations of our site design and content to optimize our webpages. In the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Memo 10-22 Guidance, our use of persistent cookies is defined as “Usage Tier 2 ? Multi-session without Personally Identifiable Information (PII),” which “encompasses any use of multi-session Web measurement and customization technologies when no PII is collected.”
Personally Provided Information
If you choose to provide us with additional information about yourself through an e-mail message, form, survey, etc., we will only retain the information as long as needed to respond to your question or to fulfill the stated purpose of the communication.
There may be third-party applications and/or services embedded on this site to improve its functionality. Our integration of these products is intended to provide a seamless user experience. Where applicable, privacy policies particular to these applications are provided.
UAMS does not disclose, give, sell or transfer any personal information about our visitors, unless required for law enforcement or by statute.
This site is maintained by UAMS. For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, we employ software programs to monitor traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. In the event of authorized law enforcement investigations, and pursuant to any required legal process, information from these sources may be used to help identify an individual.